Thursday, April 29, 2010

A Blister In The Sun

Yesterday I had a bit of a pitfall in barefoot running. I decided to run a mile around my girlfriends neighborhood around noon. I got to about 3/4 of a mile and I noticed the ground was a bit hot. I ran a little faster to get out of the hot spot, but I couldn't find a spot that was cool. Not one shadow was on the ground. As the heat grew, I ran off the road into some grass, which was almost equally as hot. Here's my run.

I then had to run back inside to relax. By then I knew something was wrong. I looked down at my feet and... blistered, right between my big toe and second toe. My medic bandaged me up so we could go camping later.

Me looking like a dork

We went up to DeSoto Falls, parked her truck in front of a campsite and attempted to start a fire. The sticks were too wet, so we ended up just cooking hotdogs over some cardboard boxes she had in her truck. We then slept in the tent and came home.

Today, after a shower and a trip to the hot tub, my feet are at about 75%. Hopefully they will be better tomorrow so I can get a short run/walk in before work.

No comments:

Post a Comment